Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Is it hard to use a porta-potty when pregnant?

There are two music festivals this summer that under ordinary circumstances I would love to go to - Pitchfork Music Festival and Lollapalooza - that offer one day passes. Pitchfork is in July and Lolla is in early August. We got a one-day pass to Pitchfork last year and just went for the afternoon/evening, like four hours, saw four acts and came away with at least one band that I still really enjoy (The Hold Steady). It was a well spent $30, if you ask me. The people watching alone was worth the money. This year the Flaming Lips are playing on Sunday, and they're taking requests, which could be fun.

I'm trying to wait until the last minute to buy tickets, just to see what kind of pregnant woman I will be...the kind that has all sorts of energy and looks great in a sundress, or the kind that is whiny, bloated and hates the heat and crowds. Time will tell, I suppose. Logic tells me to just hold off.

2 comments:

  1. I was always worried about people jabbing me in the stomach when I started to get big, especially when I was teaching and in a crowded hallway. (I bet you'll be pleasantly and unobtrusively big over the summer, which is a great way to be!) On the other hand, I took Sean (in utero)to a live show or two, and he loves to rock to this day. It could be one of your first bonding experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even want to think about the porta potty part, though. As if they weren't already gross enough. Monday at tee ball, one of the other moms yelled to her kid "Stay away from those, there's other people's poops in there." It was one of the most unpleasant visuals I've had in a while.

    ReplyDelete