Sunday, July 26, 2009

What are ya drinking?


After nearly a year of unemployment, you would think that nothing I see on the online job boards or the weekly e-mail updates they generate would surprise me. The weekly e-mails are a list of job openings based on my specifications and keywords, so they're usually more or less jobs I might want. Today I opened one from a site that typically has some pretty solid postings specific to my field (some of which I've actually acted on) only to find this listing second from the top:


Bartenders wanted!


My field, I should point out, is not mixing cocktails; though I guess I can see where "public relations" in its purest form would play a part in the day to day of a barkeep. Besides, aren't journalists notorious for their drinking habits? Maybe it would be a good way to network.


No comments:

Post a Comment