Wednesday, July 15, 2009

5 Things I Miss



Don't get me wrong, I love being pregnant -- or, rather, the fact that I am pregnant. But I'm finding myself missing a few things, some I hadn't anticipated:

1) Running. Once in awhile on the weekend mornings, I'll join Brian down by the lakefront. While he runs, I walk. I used to run, and hope to be able to do a 10k or perhaps even a half marathon next summer. Something about a long run completed by 9:30 a.m. is really satisfying.


2) Golfing. This was one of those activities I'd sometimes avoid because I was inevitably the only female in every foresome (our female friends and family didn't have the free time I had because they all had kids). And because there's usually a cold beer at the end (sometimes during, depending on when and with whom I golf). Now that I can't do it, I miss it.

3) Water slides. My family met up at a state park in June, the high point of which was a pretty nice water park. I found myself just a little bummed that I couldn't go down the water slides to cool off. The adults who were using them looked like they were having a good time. Of course, I haven't been down one since I was 12, but I remember I enjoyed it.

4) Stella Artois. This is my hot weather drink of choice. Light, refreshing, Belgian. What more could you ask for? So special it has its own glass.

5) Bending over.

1 comment:

  1. The urge to drink must be a common one for pregnant ladies. I could go for a beer/many beers and a giant soda these days. Or a glass/glasses of wine.

    ReplyDelete