Friday, March 26, 2010

Pretty Obnoxious, Pretty Unnecessary...

So I admit, I occasionally get sucked into an episode of Real Housewives of New York City and have seen more than once the Keeping Up With The Kardashians episode where the pregnant sister's baby daddy gets all wasted and makes an ass of himself in Vegas. My point is, I am not exactly above reality TV, as long as it involves people who have a lot more money than I do. (In other words, I never cared for John & Kate or that show with the family of 18 kids.) I have to draw the line, though, at E!'s new reality show, Pretty Wild.


Apparently it's about three teenage sisters -- E! is selling them as the "next generation" of Kardashian-type L.A. girls -- whose parents are semi-famous or somehow deemed important. One of the sisters is under investigation as part of that crew of well off teenagers who robbed the homes of young Hollywood "stars" like Rachel Bilson and Lindsay Lohan. I just can't decide which came first in this chicken-and-egg situation: did the girl get the show on E! and THEN proceed to break into someone's home, or did E! actually REWARD this girl and her spoiled sisters with a show because she is a quasi-celebrity? I recently read an article in which one of the producers was asked that very question and didn't actually answer one way or the other. Which leads me to believe it is the latter.

I'd already sworn off E! News and its sister show, The Daily 10, because I can't stand the way the women presumably have to maintain a BMI of 16 or less and then pose with a hand on their hip while they deliver the "news." (That, and I can't stand Ryan Seacrest.) Now I might have to boycott the whole damn network for being pretty stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment