Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Is this the real life?

I saw this car today, in a parking lot. It's a 1970ish Mercury Comet. Okay, full disclosure:  this is an image I found on Google, but the car I saw was just like this PLUS it had black fuzzy dice hanging from the window. I completely forgot about fuzzy dice.

But wait, it gets better. Then, I saw the owner of this beaut. He had an awesome, giant mustache. A Burt Reynolds-circa-1979 mustache.

THEN..."Bohemian Rhapsody" came on the radio. For about 5 seconds, I had a flashback of being six years old, riding down West Broadway in Council Bluffs in the back of my parents' green Buick station wagon.

(I am trying to forget that the owner, a very young man, was trying to be ironic with the mustache, the car and the fuzzy dice. Damn you, hipster.)

No comments:

Post a Comment