Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I Need a Calling

I told myself (and my husband) that I'd spend Eamon's first year with him at home, and then look for a part time job. Eamon turned 7 months last week, and I am starting to have dreams about interviewing and job offers. Last week, I dreamed I was offered a job working for Will Farrel, and his boss at the company was Lance Armstrong. No idea where this came from except that Talledaga Nights was on TBS last week. Maybe I secretly want to be Amy Adams?





Now that the job market is slowly improving (at least, the mass layoffs are subsiding) I am starting to think about what kind of job I want. I am pretty sure I don't want to go back to the nonprofit sector. And I'm not quite sure I want to stay in public relations. I think my problem is that so far I only know what I don't want to do. The next step, I guess, is figuring out what I do want. It's too bad there isn't a career path for someone with a knack for trivia, a gift for dealing with people, and a quick wit.



Maybe a game show host?

2 comments:

  1. Can you be a trivia jock in Chicago? Perhaps you could ghost-write questions for a local TJ; then you wouldn't have to hang out in bars all the time, but you'd miss the people interaction... Oh, dilemma! I'll keep thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went to a trivia night on Tuesday at a neighborhood bar. We were all curious about the TJ, he clearly missed his calling as a game show host. our team won, by the way. I pulled the band name Johnny Hates Jazz out of my butt.

    ReplyDelete